Friday, July 21, 2006

He's Like The Wind

My Father's Day gift arrived yesterday. The "Road House" special edition DVD is now part of my collection. If you haven't yet experienced this cinematic gem, here is a photo and some memorable quotes to tantalize you...



Begin Quotes:

Morgan: What am I supposed to do?
Dalton: There's always barber college.

Emmett: Calling me sir is like putting an elevator in an outhouse. It don't belong.

Dalton: Pain don't hurt.

Dalton: Nobody ever wins a fight.

Jimmy: Prepare to die.
Dalton: You are such an a**hole.

Dalton: I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice.

Steve:
Being called a c**ks**ker isn't personal?
Dalton: No. It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.
Steve: What if somebody callas my mama a whore?
Dalton: Is she?

Wade Garrett: I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

End Quotes

P.S. Apparently there is a live stage version that has been performed.

5 comments:

Stinkypaw said...

I loved that movie, and Sam Elliott as Wade was ... just great! I can see him, all bruized up saying the last quote.

Will have to go rent it!

Galoot said...

Swayze has the power to make nations join together...

PreppyGirl said...

A live stage version? That is scary. For anyone that didn't click on the link, it's worth it just to see the picture of the two actors in the title roles. Hilarious!

princess slea said...

Gab and his coworker were having a debate about the most "manly" movies ever.
Gab said hands down it is Road House and his coworker argued that Kickboxer was number one.
As a woman, I say Patrick Swayze beats Jean Claude anyday of the week. But my vote doesn't count.

-R- said...

I checked out the picture of the two actors from the stage version- AWESOME.