1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I'm scheduled for a vasectomy on Saturday morning. Never done that before. I also went hunting for deer twice. Shot a doe on the first day. On the second day I learned more than I needed to know about the best way to dress a squirrel and stuff it with sausage for a SuperBowl halftime treat.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I can't remember.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My blog sister, R, gave birth to bouncing baby B, with some help from H. We're not close per se, but I know she reads this from time to time and I couldn't be happier for their family. A good friend from high school, Bryan and his wife Missy adopted a little girl this year.
4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A creative outlet. I left improv for the most part last year. Maybe I should finally do a radio pilot. Hey, there's a resolution!
5. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 4. Big election. You might have remembered some of it.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The garage sale and the gazebo.
7. What was your biggest failure?
The gazebo. The gutter.
8. What was the best thing you bought?
Netflix has been pretty cool. The new lawnmower rocks.
9. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The wife, the kids.
10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone who continued to spread rumors as truth before, during and after the election. Especially after many were disproven. Both candidates. George W. Bush for continuing to block his people from answering questions on the record.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Home and Car Loans.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Thanksgiving. My kids being in the same school again.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Same weight. Richer.