Thursday, June 28, 2007

Woman Of The Year

In honor of my dear wife Preppy Girl's thirty@#$$#$$% birthday (last Sunday), I present to y'all...

Thirteen Things You Might Not Know About Preppy Girl
  1. She is a bonified expert in romantic comedies. No joke here. She watches as many as she can see in what free time she has (even made for cable). As much as I bitch about "Prince and Me 2" and "The Cutting Edge 2" and "Ashton Kutcher Drags Amanda Peet Down To His Sublevel Piece of Crap RomCom", her knowledge of these films astounds me.
  2. She once did a pub crawl in Bemus Point with a blow up doll. His name (modified with a permanent marker.....Mr. Tud. They weren't alone, but with her bridesmaids at her bachelorette party.
  3. She took me home to meet her mother on our third date. Boy did I have her family fooled! In a foreshadowing moment, I spent part of the evening talking trivia on the phone with my future B.I.L. and fellow Guest, Mr. Social.
  4. She introduced me to the joys of Key West. Which we attempt to recreate on every subsequent trip. Seriously. We almost always hit Hog's Breath Saloon, Captain Tony's, The Book Store, Blue Heaven and The Conch Train Tour.
  5. She can always talk me down. From whatever trips my fuse.
  6. She is an excellent teacher. To her employees, to our kids and to me (with all things Microsoft Office.)
  7. She rode on Kentucky Colonel's motorcycle. And flipped me the bird on I-75.
  8. She is a great gift buyer/giver/wrapper. Very good taste all around.
  9. She is a competitive dart thrower. Having played in a league in Florida, she has taught me the sport and hopefully will teach it to our kiddoes.
  10. She is a Jeep fanatic. We've owned or leased three since we've been together. That Patriot is looking good and affordable! Even the kids had a Jeep rocking chair when they were infants.
  11. She hung out with one of the villains from "Crocodile Dundee 2". No lie.
  12. Her hair looks really good when it is up. It looks good whether in an up-do or just clipped in.
  13. She has three tattoos. And one of them makes a sound when pressed upon...

5 comments:

3carnations said...

Interesting. I didn't know any of those things. A tattoo that makes sound...It's either very high tech, or...something else. :)

princess slea said...

ooh, i'm going to do a post about preppygirl too.

PreppyGirl said...

I can't help it with the RomComs. It's like an addiction.

Hector Ubarry is creepy.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

You guys are the coolest couple ever.

PS. What's the sound?

Galoot said...

The sound is "vrrrrrrrrr".