Monday, May 05, 2008

Squeezing The Tube...

The DVR is loading up with a lot of TV programs. PGirl and I have been catching up after the kids are asleep, but we have a ways to go....

Top Chef is in fine form this season. Clever challenges, less character-driven drama and an emphasis on the food! Finally. Food is what it is all about. Two of the chefs are lesbian partners...and I don't care. One of the chefs is a spastic white homeslice...and I don't care. Another chef has a faux-hawk hairstyle similar to one of the lesbians...and I don't care. Food, food, food.

Dexter finished it's run on CBS. I'm looking forward to catching season 2 on DVD. Funny and creepy. I don't care how watered down it came from being unrated on Showtime. Character and story are what counts for me.

Little People Big World rocks my world. Patriarch Matt Roloff still drives me nuts with his half-assed (no pun) planning of his family's lives and Matriarch Amy continues to live in the fantasy world of stereotyping boys, girls and store gawkers. Despite character flaws, they love each other and their kids. Fascinating stuff.

Battlestar Galactica is piling up on me. I have to make some frakkin' time late at night to catch up.

3 comments:

princess slea said...

i was a little bummed last week that mark got sent packing. i had to agree with him that not every dish HAS to have a meat in it.
the kids really liked his curry dish.

i think they just really want to err on the side of the women this season or else stephanie would have went home with her "peanut butter and tomoato" dish. ew.

i want to see dexter, i'll probably just add the seasons to my netflix and watch them all at omce.

Galoot said...

Was Mark at or near bottom a lot? He seemed to be.

I'd love to talk some "Dexter" with you at some point. Give twelve hours or so up for the first season...

princess slea said...

mark was either the top or bottom (sadly, the bottom the last couple of challenges). i was rooting for him because of that initial "marmite" pizza challenge.

i'll let you know when i get dexter season one watched.