- 2006 - A new gas fireplace insert, a cool-ass job, 4 days off with the family. Who could ask for anything more?
- 1999 - The first true Christmas spent with PGirl. Enough said.
- 2001/2003 - Tie for first Christmases with PGirl Jr. and Galoot Jr.
- 1985 - Dad worked for the company which owned "Children's Palace/Child World" toy stores, so he often got things before they hit the market. This year he brought home a Nintendo game system. Stepbro Allen and I played Super Mario Brothers for 12 hours straight. Nothing quite like headaches and sore thumbs.
- 1986 - Santa brought me my first stereo and "Led Zeppelin 2" on cassette. "Whole Lotta Love" sounds really cool on headphones.
- 1971 - My mom was one month away from birthing me. Oh the joy I would bring to her...
- 1996 - My first Christmas without any of my family. I skipped church, slept in and opened presents under my television set while on the phone with Mom.
- 1992 - Before the Christmas break, my dorm wing won a pizza party for best hallway decorations. Also, the last Christmas spent with my Grandfather Ed.
- 1990 - I visited Omaha with my girlfriend before flying home for the rest of the holiday. We saw "Edward Scissorhands" at the mall cinemas.
- 1977 - My first "Star Wars" action figures finally arrived.
- 1997 - Downside - my Grandfather Asa died. Upside - our family grew tighter.
- 1993? - Not sure here. But I'm pretty certain I spent New Years at Sugie Proctor's dad's apartment in Harrisburg and Tom McNamara streaked through the parking lot.
- 2005 - The clan headed down to Kentucky. PGirl, Sobermick, Mrs. Sobermick and myself watched the Bills hand the Bengals their asses on Christmas Eve! Highlight: Sobermick causing a guy in the parking lot to get so angry that the other dude hit the car in front of him. Lowlight: Redneck fanfight in the middle of the street, blocks from the stadium.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Memories Light The Corners of My Eyes
My Thirteen Favorite Christmases