Sunday, March 02, 2008

Marathon Man


The past week was a lot busier than it initially seemed. At work, I was sprinting to finish an online newsletter by Friday's end. Additionally, I spent a few hours, here and there, helping to set up for the ballet's fundraising ball. I accomplished all I set out to do, but the work is catching up to me. First of all, my eyes feel like they are bugging out of my head. Daddy needs some sleep. Secondly, I fell on some stairs at the ball venue. I was sore at first, but now I'm aching in my back a bit.

The ball was a modest success, raising over $3,000 for the ballet in a live and silent auction. PGirl and I were dressed up in formal duds. She wore a short, black cocktail dress with silver embroidery. I wore a tuxedo I bought at Value City a few weeks ago. Luckily, most of it was a good fit, though I had to have the jacket taken in. A Sicilian tailor on the south side of town did a bang-up job on it!

Since hitting the hay at 2 in the morning, I've been enjoying two marathons that have been playing on the satellite.
  • "Jackass 24 Hour Takeover" - This was live last weekend and aired again on MTV2 for the past day. I love "Jackass". It is a goofy damn delight. Always nice to see other people screw around and have fun.
  • "Little People, Big World" - I've never followed this one religously, but usually sit down to watch it. I don't know what draws me to it, but I suppose it might be because the show doesn't stress me out. PGirlJr. likes it too. The father, Mark Roloff, drives me nuts because he seems to push so much on his family. But he's a good guy. At least the kids are learning to be resourceful.

5 comments:

-R- said...

Your son looks quite happy to see you passed out drunk.

Galoot said...

R - More food for him!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Didn't that Mark Rolloff just get arrested for drunk driving?

PS. I love this picture. Very Hasslehoff.

Galoot said...

Matt (just corrected myself) was arrested last summer and tried in January of this year. Next week's episode will show the verdict. I'm so nervous!

PreppyGirl said...

This is too funny. Our son is actually eating shredded cheese out of the bag. You may be up for father of the year.

You are crazy for posing on the floor in your brand new tux but I'm even crazier for taking the pictures.