Things on my mind right now:
1. Since I am leaving this job soon, I don’t have to handle parents who call the office when the cast lists for the plays and musicals go up. Part of me is glad I don’t have to explain to justify casting decisions to people. The other part wants to console and encourage both parent and student to try again at the next audition.
2. Soon I won’t be driving a 90 mile round trip every week day. Upside: Less money spent on fuel. Downside: Now I’ll be buying more expensive gas in New York state. I’m used to buying cheaper fuel where I work in Pennsylvania. What the hell, New York? Am I paying more money for gas because I live in the same state as New York City? Let it secede and form its own state!
3. The Buffalo Sabres are in the finals of the Eastern NHL playoffs. That is kind of cool.
4. Pardon The Interruption is my favorite sports show on television.
5. Still have to raise several thousand dollars to take a musical to Scotland in August. If you know of any potential donors, drop me a line.
6. Thursday used to be the night I’d watch Cosby, Family Ties, Cheers and Night Court with my family. I miss those Thursdays.
7. Vito got whacked on “The Sopranos” a couple of weeks ago. The actor who played him was on Stern last week where he was loose and funny. Then he was on Fresh Air yesterday where he was abrasive and unappealing. Maybe he had a bad day.
8. I read some Baxter Black cowboy poetry to my son last night. He fell asleep within minutes.
9. I tried to find a Captain Underpants book to read to my daughter, but I failed.
10. Preppygirl’s circle of blogger friends are a pretty fun group to hear from. They all seem to have a lot in common. If they are anything like Preppygirl, their significant others are lucky.
11. I’ll have to mow the lawn very soon.
12. Lunch is less than an hour away.
13. “Friday The 13th” is airing on IFC soon. Check it out in the widescreen!